Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Some Valor blocks and Cleaning a Dirty Iron plate

Got some valor blocks whipped up. Pressed the first one, only to see a "lovely" brown smudge on the white center appear. Looked at my iron's plate, and sure enough - somebody had got something on it.  Rats. (Must have been rats, because I sure didn't do it <heh>, and my daughter and hubby plead innocent, too!)

I recalled hearing something years ago about rubbing wadded up waxed paper on the hot plate, so I thought I'd give it a go. Wow! It sure did work! Took those brown patches right off. I can see, though, that you want to be EXTRA careful not to burn yourself!

Oh, the valor blocks? Here they are:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.