Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, December 4, 2011

BOMs Away Monday - 4 Dec 2011 Almost there!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEib6FEw-InTZOIaLrsh7raXFspj2e1T12kCO8l-1fE90gdy6n4l1MW2uvunLaRnasRzTevZmJGQUxFSneppP1tAy6D3038PFUnZoe3kZkA6pv4O9beBUFKk-l_8VIx2zK7QOjm3Pv7Ki7I/s1600/BOM+Button.jpg

Welcome to my Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays! 
(We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.)



How's your week been? I got an acceptable amount of work finished on BOMs this week. 






First, I got the ribbon borders made for Patriots in Petticoats!!  This project is finishing on time!!  (First BOM I've managed that.) Just one more month - putting the top together with the final border print.





Here are 2 of the ribbons, folded in half lengthwise, and there's our now-blind kitty, who's my angel-boy buddy most of the time now. I'm his seeing eye dog, although he rarely needs my help, truth be told.  The vet was right - cats are REMARKABLY adaptable to blindness if they don't have to hunt. His medicine makes him drool a lot, so I keep a flannel throw he loves tucked on the sofa.



The November Gal for the project is Margaret Vliet Warne, who gets the ribbon border for serving as a renowned doctor, especially while all the men were away at the war. She was skilled at nursing and midwifery as well, and continued to practice medicine after the war. Her horse was always ready to go at a moment's notice with saddlebags packed for her work. She lived to be 92. I'd say she deserves a ribbon!




I also got cracking at the last minute and did the second There and Back Again block, although I took the easy way out and did fusible applique. Too many studies, last-minute reading, and essays to write for the end of the term!!





~*~*~*~*~

What interval project have you got going? Weeklies are welcome along with regular projects that you’ve broken into monthly units, and –of course- true BOMs.   Share your eye candy and show off your progress since the last time you linked up! There are some wonderful monthly and weekly projects going on out there. You guys amaze me. :D

1 comment:

  1. Awesome ribbon border. All I've accomplished on my BOMs is making copies of instructions for this month's blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.