Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WIP - The Owl and the Pussycat for Baby English 1.0

I am so utterly exhausted. Thank goodness for the impetus of WIP Wednesdays and a timely tutorial, or I'd get nothing moved forward today, for sure. I'd go shovel last night's 4" of snow off the drive and then collapse with the next reading I need to do!  

But I'm being good and not giving in - I finished trimming my HSTs that I whipped up before the retreat so I could lay out Baby English 1.0. 




I'm excited to try out the web-chaining method that Linda at Flourishing Palms explains so clearly. Got my columns oh-so-carefully stacked, labeled, and lined up to go for tomorrow's half-hour of sewing.  :D



My Owl and the Pussycat book arrived while I was at the retreat. It's so fun how well the cover coordinates with the fabric. I just noticed that the colors of the characters are reversed between the two. I'll have to read the story and see which one is mixed up.  heh!





Oh! And the main WIP of the week - finishing the organization, printing, and copying of the handouts for my conference presentation next week!  Here are two more images from the U.S. war camps that I just love:



“Ansel Adams's Photographs of Japanese-American Internment at Manzanar,” 1943, The Library of Congress American Memory http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/collections/anseladams/aamsp4.html



Ansel Adams, “Baton practice, Florence Kuwata, Manzanar Relocation Center,” call no. LOT 10479-1, no. 15 [P&P], “Adams, Ansel, 1942- Manzanar War Relocation Center photographs,” Library of Congress Prints and Photographs http://www.loc.gov/pictures/resource/ppprs.00135/




I'm off to shovel that snow now. . .   (yippee, let's burn those calories!)




~*~*~*~*~

Linking up at

Lee's WIP

7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the combining a book and quilt as a gift. They are my two staple "baby gifts" but I never thought about doing both together. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The HST quilt is looking good! I made a quilt with that layout a couple of years ago as a gift for my sister, it is still loved :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your presentation and your quilt is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you're so exhausted, Lyn. Your HST quilt layout is looking wonderful, and with the book it's sure to be a very much appreciated gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is darling. We sang the song that went with that rhyme when I was a kid. I have a whole book of photos from Manzanar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How odd that the fabric and the book cover have the owl and cat colors reversed! That piecing method works GREAT. Eleanor burns taught that method eons ago (I'm showing my age...) and I still use it when I'm dealing with quilts made all from the same block. My recent Chevron quilt was assembled in the same manner. Can't wait to see this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lyn for endorsing my web tutorial! I hope it IS that easy to understand. You're making a darling quilt, for sure. Sorry to hear that school work is getting in the way though. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.