Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Finish Along - Quarter 1 Goal post

2015 FAL at On the Windy SideI really value the link-ups in BlogLand that help me keep on track with finishing my quilts, and the 2015 quarterly Finish-Along is hosted by Adrianne over at "On the Windy Side."  I'll be linking up over there when she opens it.



What I'd really like to accomplish for sure is to finish 4 quilts per quarter. This should not be a problem, as I have more tops than that hanging in my Flimsies Closet (something like 30!!) waiting for quilting! I hope for every other one of those to be from my original monster UFO list. My plan of attack is to focus most of the day's quilt work during Monday-Thursday on whatever occupies the Priority Finish spot. If I need sanity breaks from intense free-motion work, I'll work on piecing other UFOs or gifts as needed. Fridays and the occasional Saturday will be allowed for whatever floats my boat, including the washing and start-up of something from my crazy NETY storage each month. Sundays will still follow my BOM rotation. This is the most productive method for me that keeps finishes rolling through and fends off boredom since almost every project is large and/or complicated.

So here's my First Quarter planning log for finishes:

Quilt These Up For Sure:

1. Fireflies in the Meadow




2. Sea Breeze 1  **UFO
(start with my least favorite of this set while I learn the technique)



3. Lori & Aliyah




4. Mermaid Fantasy for Heather   **UFO





Forward Lineup for Later Attention:

5.Sea Breeze 2   **UFO



6. Whooo's Your Mama



7. Quiet Rebellion on the Pond   **UFO



8. Modernology



9. BBQ with the Squadron   **UFO



10. Rainbow Jane




7 comments:

  1. I think you are THE most organized quilter I have ever witnessed! I am not sure I could stay as focused as you, but, I admire your strategist attitude toward your attack on ufo's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a lineup! That should keep you busy and out of trouble LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great plan for getting through these quilts. It'll be a treat for us to see them as you finish them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Organized and a big list of goals......good luck as you will be busy!
    I just caught your comments on my blog.....for some reason they are not coming thru email. And your email link on profile is not working. So I came here, to say thanks for your kind words. Thanks and stitch on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lot of beautiful flimsy quilting Lyn! If if you aren't the most organized quilter I have ever seen, then I don't know who Is. Best wishes in tackling all your UFOs and quilting them to your heart's content!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of beautiful quilt tops. I hope your excellent plan helps keep you on track. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rainbow Jane! I want to see more of it! Looks gorgeous, even with the kitty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.