Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, March 12, 2017

BOMs Away - Star Crazy


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Do you ever start Block-of-the-Months and then not finish them? 
Or maybe you just like doing a lot of them?
This is where you can share what you're doing on a BOM or anything you work on at given intervals. 
Show us what you accomplished in the past week or so!
(Linky at the bottom.)

What do you do when you're just really sick of a BOM on your list - it makes you weary just to think of it, because there's So. Much. Work. for each month?

You torture yourself by doing two months' worth in one weekend. . . !  My reasoning was that I could have a lot of sewing time this weekend, and this will make it go away faster. But I'm completely oversaturated with it at the moment.


16 stars, most of them compound! And all of them uniquely colored, so you can't mass-produce them.

Also got another stack of HST's for the Border Bag - that thing's getting pretty hefty by now!


This project will grow up to this quilt:


I really do love it, and I look forward to one day quilting it up ala Green Fairy. But man, does it get to me with the volume and sameness of the work.

I made all the HSTs yesterday. 166 is quite a bunch for one day. Thank goodness for the paper method! I just print the right size off for free from Quilting and Whatnot (make sure you're on Full Size, not sized to fit). Here's a batch of 24, zipping through the machine, and when I cut them apart, everything's perfectly sized.


Now I can put the box back in the cupboard and forget about this stressor until mid-April.  :)

~*~*~
Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up,
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.
:)



5 comments:

  1. The quilt is going to be wonderful, but I can imagine how boring that can be. I'd be making one star after every quilt I make and get it done in a few years, LOL. I haven't seen that paper method before, I need to check it out, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back. That's going to be a pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! your stars are fantastic. Great colors and worth the work. I am very interested in your foundation piecing. Apparently quilters used to use this method of piecing prior to the advent of all our cool tools like rotary cutters, mats, and rulers. I have used it a bit on a quilt and just loved it. All my piecing comes out wonky and this method made it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love that Star Crazy quilt! Mine is basted and ready to quilt. It is my One Monthly Goal for March but I don't know if I will make it or not.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.