Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, April 2, 2017

BOMS Away - Down the Rabbit Hole


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Do you ever start Block-of-the-Months and then not finish them? 
Or maybe you just like doing a lot of them?
This is where you can share what you're doing on a BOM or anything you work on at given intervals. 
Show us what you accomplished in the past week or so!
(Linky at the bottom.)

Luckily for me, April has 5 Sundays! I took advantage of that bonus BOM day to catch my Rabbit Hole up to the newest cue:


All the flowers are sewn down. The only way I could pull this into my work load this year was to go with machine applique. I finally found a monofilament thread that my machine will accept (Superior brand), so I'm using that. I'm prepping pieces with turned edges and stitching with a teeny blanket stitch. The bites are about as deep as a thread, and spaced a little shorter than 1/8" apart. I use unprinted newspaper behind it all as a stabilizer, and it comes out beautifully. 

Didn't get to the new cue, which has the leaves and the first mini border, but it's time to convert my machine to free-motion work for tomorrow's return to the priority project. I'll use my Free-play Fridays for this project since most months don't give me an extra BOM day.  :)  

Oh, yeah!! I was going to try sharing this video with y'all. We got a super pretty snowfall in the night and all through yesterday, and a doe-herd hung out for a while in our yard having a great April Fool's Day frolic. There were 3 adolescents romping around like this for a long time, while the matriarch you can see at the center calmly ate from the berry bush. We loved it.



How has your BOM work been going?

~*~*~
Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up,
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.
:)

7 comments:

  1. I love your Rabbit hole block. This is such a nice pattern. It really speaks to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty and Eastery! You need to sneak in some bunny fabric. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking out my selvage quilt. You have my permission to post the picture of my quilt. Thanks for asking. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Rabbit Hole project is so so so pretty! I just love it!

    I checked out your video and man do you live in a beautiful place with trees and deer. The snow is so beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.