Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, April 30, 2017

BOMs Away - Fall All Around & A Mournful Blizzard


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Do you ever start Block-of-the-Months and then not finish them? 
Or maybe you just like doing a lot of them?
This is where you can share what you're doing on a BOM or anything you work on at given intervals. 
Show us what you accomplished in the past week or so!
(Linky at the bottom.)

Navarre cracks me up. He came and made me follow him so I could see that the doe herd of 7 was back at the house again - settled himself comfortably draped over the chair arm and burst out purring while watching them eat.


Heather and Pat's cat, Lupin, who lives with them on the walk-out basement level, didn't share the enthusiasm. An up-close encounter with Bambi, even with the glass between them, was too much for him. He hissed well and long.  hehe!


Meanwhile, I got four blocks sewn up for Fall All Around. I do enjoy some more complex piecing every now and then, particularly when the pieces are already cut out. :) So glad I did all that up front so now it's just fun to pull some baggies out of the box and sew away.


I think Astoria is my favorite. It's the top-left block. The others (moving clockwise) are Dogwood Crossing, Circle of Friends, and Knight & Day.

That makes me think of watching that movie with Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruz. . .  

It's hard to register that tomorrow is May, with a foot-deep blanket of snow everywhere. This was a perfect blizzard to get right now, though. Friday started sunny with clouds, which made a pretty backdrop for a particularly heart-wrenching funeral in our community that morning. The skies stayed that way for the family's burial time afterward, but then quickly thickened afterward. By 5:30, a white-out blizzard poured over the mountains and subdued everything with 5 inches within the first hour of the storm. It was supremely apropos, making everything slow down, and cushioning the entire world with near silence as everyone just stayed at their homes. During the night, it turned from fluffy flakes into that super-fine snow fall, and that lasted all day long for Saturday with not a single break. It felt like the whole world was engaging in the grieving process. Today the snow is beautiful in the sunshine as Spring starts to reassert itself.


So let me tip my hat to my young friend, Hunter, one last time. He was one of my pals in Taekwondo class, and had the second most awesome smile I've ever encountered in my entire life.

souls too gentle to live among the trials of this world, too broken by deep feeling to see the love of family around them or the high regard of those whose paths cross with theirs, how do we help you though the pain, how do we reassure your fears, how do we ease your load and give you back a little of the spark that you bring to us, for the world is diminished without you
Rest softly, Hunter. It was a privilege to know you, and we pray for loving arms of comfort around your family.

~*~*~

Have you done any BOM work lately?



4 comments:

  1. Your Fall all Around quilt is going to be wonderful! I love fall colors! I too enjoy some more difficult piecing especially when it is cut and ready to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You brought tears to my eyes, Hunter was way too young to leave. I'm sorry.
    You're so lucky to have Navarre to make sure you don't miss so much beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors for your Fall All Around are really exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are wonderful and what a great photo of kitty and your company.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.