Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, April 9, 2017

BOMs Away - Garden Friends


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Do you ever start Block-of-the-Months and then not finish them? 
Or maybe you just like doing a lot of them?
This is where you can share what you're doing on a BOM or anything you work on at given intervals. 
Show us what you accomplished in the past week or so!
(Linky at the bottom.)

My BOM day was not very productive this week:


Cut out the sashing and cornering pieces to assemble the center of my "Garden Friends" BOM, marked the little bit of embroidery there is on a few of the blocks, and pieced the lower half of the sunflower borders. When it came time to assemble the last of the border backgrounds and fuse on the flower heads and petals - - - I was finished. (This is not a huge quilt - that's maybe an hour's work, total.) 

But my mind is super-invested in the groove of working on my priority work, which is about halfway quilted now. If I push super hard on it, I just might get it finished by Thursday afternoon for TGIFF hosting. So I wasn't feeling it one bit for BOM work today.

Instead, I wanted brownies. So I dropped all that and made brownies with Heather.  :)

Sometimes you do what you gotta do!

~*~*~

P.S.  I bought a longarm yesterday. After NINE years of saving up, roadshow prices brought everything I wanted just under my cash-on-hand for it. Mid-May delivery. 

Still processing that! But man, is the circle doohickey accessory that I already brought home really tickling my fancy tonight! It's just what I need to make really short work of what I've always wanted to do on my "Quiet Rebellion on the Pond" flimsy. . . 

3 comments:

  1. You bought a what now?? Oh my goodness, I can't wait to see what you can do with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such beautiful quilting now, I can't wait to see what you do with that long-arm, Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, are we in for a treat when the LA arrives. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.