Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, November 12, 2017

BOMs Away - ~*~Flimsy Alert~*~ Sapphire Stars Mystery top


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

What could be more perfect for Veteran's Day weekend than finishing my top for Kevin's Sapphire Stars Mystery?


This is a nice, big quilt at 74 x 98 inches. Before quilting, that puts it slightly larger than the limit for a Quilt of Valor (72 x 90). That would be a little disappointing, as I'd intended this for a QOV all along, except that my Father-in-law, who served in the Vietnam War, never got one, and when we started this mystery I knew I'd be making one for him in the quick future. Problem solved! He won't be one bit worried if this doesn't pull up enough during quilting to make that 90 inch cut!

As he put in an entire Air Force career, the scraps of this fabric are perfect, and I have yardage in my stash still for at least a majority of the backing. 


Thanks again, Kevin, for hosting this terrific mystery. It let me make something wonderful straight out of my scrap bins (with just a wee bit of supplementing from stash).


~*~*~ 

How about your BOM-type projects? Have you done any work on them recently?

Kate over at Katie Mae Quilts has joined me in hosting this meet-up,
and linking up from either end puts you on the party at both sides.

5 comments:

  1. I really love your Sapphire Stars Mystery Quilt! The yellow is really a great addition to the red, white and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big Thank You to your FIL for his service! This quilt is perfect for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I wouldn't have guessed it was scrappy from a distance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure your father-in-law is going to cherish that beautiful quilt. It has been a very long time since I tried a mystery quilt and it took a long time to get it all together and finished because I have no space for a machine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.